By placing an order or entering into any correspondence or agreement with Yorkstone sales you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- VAT will be charged at the prevailing rate in accordance with the rules set out by HM Revenue & Customs.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- All goods are the property of Yorkstone Sales until cleared funds are received in full.
- We cannot give guaranteed delivery times. When placing an order we will only give an am slot (if requested). If you want a more accurate delivery time you can call the office on the morning of the delivery and we will be pleased to give you a more accurate delivery time. However delays are still possible which are beyond our control and we will not be in any way financially liable for late goods or services.
- Whilst we will always strive to deliver materials within an agreed time frame delays can occur which are beyond yorkstonesales control. Yorkstone Sales will not be financially liable for any costs arising due delayed goods or services or faulty goods or services.
- All payments will need to be completed by debit or credit card (either through Sage Pay or Paypal) or by direct Bank transfer.
- No order will be accepted until cleared funds are received in full.
- Delivery is to kerbside only unless previous arrangements have been made.
- For a successful delivery to be made there must be somewhere flat and hardstanding for the delivery to be unloaded by the use of a pump truck.
- Yorkstone Sales reserves the right to withhold delivery if any circumstances beyond Yorkstone Sales control prevent a delivery being carried out. We also reserve the right to charge for any wasted time and/or failed deliveries.
- If any product is damaged due to delivery, please state this at time of delivery and mark delivery note as goods damaged. If the delivery note is not marked as goods damaged we will presume that the goods have been damaged on site after the delivery has been made. We will need a photo of all damaged goods before it is replaced
- If you believe you have received any damaged/defected/missing goods or services you should notify Yorkstone Sales immediately by telephone and then in writing, preferably by email. Yorkstone Sales agree to replace any damaged/defected/missing goods as quickly as is practically possible.
- Yorkstone Sales are not liable for any loss or damage to the client caused by damaged/defected/missing goods.
- Yorkstone Sales reserve the right to refuse to replace materials which has been transported by the customer or any person acting on behalf of or employed by the customer. Please also note that we strongly recommend that you order a minimum of 5% extra stone to allow for slight chips, and any damages caused during transit. Stone is a natural material which has been transported around the world in many cases. While we strive to get the stone to you in 100% pristine condition we cannot always guarantee that every piece will arrive in perfect condition. Yorkstone Sales will not replace very small quantities of broken slabs (below 5%) and we advise that customers order an extra 5% of material to allow for this eventuality. Any affected slabs can be used for cuts.
- Yorkstone Sales do not accept any financially liability for surface subsidence, damage to property, oil, tyre marks vehicles or underground services in the case that the customer or any person acting on behalf of or employed by the customer has requested that any yorkstone sales delivery vehicles enters the grounds of any private dwelling/residence.
- We will only accept returned goods in pristine conditions and we will not refund any goods which have cement marks, footprints or general dirt & grime. We will also charge a 35% handling charge on all returned goods (minimum charge of £50) per Returned Item. We will not accept any returns 14 days after purchase. We will only provide a cash refund if 10% or more of the product is to an unsatisfactory quality or not fit for their purpose, in all other cases a credit note will be issued on receipt of goods as a goodwill gesture.
- Yorkstone Sales offer a seven day cooling off period. If you would like to return your goods within seven days of purchase for any reason we will be happy to do so, however due the high costs associated with shipping the goods, the delivery cost is non-refundable and should a collection be required the cost of the collection will be reflected in the value of the refund.
- When ordering bespoke products your right to a seven day cooling off period is waived, any products which have been made to order unfortunately will be not returnable and as such no refunds will be made.
Colours & Textures
Natural stone can vary in colour, tone & texture. The colours shown in all Yorkstone Sales websites are as accurate as modern photography and printing allow. We would always recommend viewing products in daylight prior to purchasing. No sorting of crates will be permitted.
Natural stone can develop brown markings as its iron content oxidises. This is a temporary phenomenon which will disappear over a period of time. Products delivered may vary from samples previously supplied, and this is completely normal for all natural products.
Natural stone is a natural material and as such will sometimes contain small chips, blemishes and imperfections which can occur during the manufacture, packaging and transport process . Yorkstone Sales recommend purchasing extra stone to allow for cuts and wastage. When ordering any sawn material in particular we recommend ordering a minimum of 5% additional material for wastage.
Thickness & Dimensions
All stated thickness and dimensions are nominal and as such are subject to cutting tolerances. Samples that are sent in the post do not represent true thickness, please state dimensions when ordering. Stone can be cut to a variety of thicknesses, however if not stated at time of order, stone will be cut to a default 50mm thick.